Be prepared for seasonal storms that can affect your area:
- Make sure your emergency kit is up to date and easy to access.
- If your heat goes out, keep the doors closed off to rooms you are not using and close your blinds or curtains to keep in some heat.
- Never use a generator, grill, camp stove or other gasoline, propane, natural gas or charcoal burning device inside a home, garage, basement, crawlspace or any partially enclosed area.
- Learn how to shut off water valves and avoid burst pipes due to freezing conditions.
- If you are using a fireplace, make sure you use a screen and it is properly ventilated.
- Stay on top of weather changes in your area by checking the National Weather Service.