Brooklyn Bridge Saturday lane closures:
- Brooklyn-bound: One of three lanes will be closed from 2 am to 2 pm, and two of three lanes will be closed from 3 am to 7 am.
- Manhattan-bound: One of three lanes will be closed from 1 am to 7 am, and two of three lanes will be closed from 2 am to 6 am.
The Queens-bound South Outer Roadway of the Ed Koch Queensboro Bridge will be closed on Saturday and Sunday from 5 am to 1 pm for MTA NYC Transit work on the Queens side of the bridge. All other lanes, including the bicycle and pedestrian path, will remain open.
The Grand Street Bridge over Newtown Creek will be closed to vehicles in both directions on Saturday between 7 am and 3 pm. The bridge will remain open to pedestrians and cyclists, but cyclists may be required to dismount and follow the directions of the work crews. Metropolitan Avenue may be used as an alternative route.
The Manhattan-bound (north) tube of the Queens Midtown Tunnel will be closed from 11 pm Friday to 8 am Saturday to accommodate Super storm Sandy restoration work. One lane will remain open in each direction in the other tube.
The north tube of the Battery Park Underpass (FDR Drive to West Street) will be closed on Saturday from 1 am to 8 am for the restoration of the electrical and mechanical systems damaged by Superstorm Sandy. The south tube (West Street to FDR Drive) will remain open. The Bayonne Bridge will be fully closed in both directions from 9 pm Friday to 5 am Monday. Motorists should use the Goethals Bridge as an alternate. One of three southbound lanes on the FDR Drive from 68th Street to 63rd Street will be closed from 12:01 am to 6:30 am Saturday and from 1 am to 11 am Sunday to facilitate ongoing building construction. There will be street closures in Manhattan on Sunday between 7:30 am and 1 pm at the discretion of NYPD for the New York City Half Marathon. Details are available at http://www.nyc.gov/html/dot/html/motorist/wkndtraf.shtml#manhattan. More information on the Half Marathon is available at http://www.halfmarathons.net/new-york-city-half-marathon/.
The following streets in the Bronx will be closed on Sunday from noon to 2 pm for the Bronx St. Patrick’s Day Parade: Formation:
- Lafayette Avenue between Calhoun Avenue and East Tremont Avenue.
- East Tremont Avenue between Lafayette Avenue and Horace Harding Avenue.
- Harding Avenue between East Tremont Avenue and Brinsmade Avenue The following streets in Brooklyn will be closed on Sunday from 12:30 pm to 3 pm for the Brooklyn Irish American Parade:
- Prospect Park West between Garfield Place and 15th Street.
- 15th Street between Prospect Park West and 7th Avenue.
- 7th Avenue between 15th Street and Garfield Place.
- Garfield Place between 7th Avenue and Prospect Park West 3rd Avenue between Marine Avenue and 67th Street and Marine Avenue between 4th Avenue and 96th Street in Brooklyn will be closed on Sunday from 1 pm to 4 pm for the Bay Ridge St. Patrick’s Day Parade.