Updated 2:00 p.m.
Dear NYLS Community,
I hope you are well. The individuals who may have been injured in this morning’s incident at the Port Authority terminal are in our thoughts.
I’m just writing to let you know that all remaining final exams will take place this evening as scheduled. The Port Authority and MTA Subways have resumed normal operations. Best wishes on your remaining finals.
As always, please let us know if you would like to speak to me, Dean LaPiana, or Dean Sally Harding about the incident. We also have professional counselors for students and staff available, please let us know your needs.
All my best,
We hope you are all safe. All morning final exams will be delayed by one hour. Due to significant police and emergency response at the Port Authority bus terminal, subway service is currently disrupted. Please do not go to Port Authority if you are commuting to school. Please make alternative arrangements to travel to NYLS. The subway disruptions are as follows:
- 1, 2, 3, N, Q, R, W & 7 Trains are bypassing (not stopping) Times Square in both directions
- A, C & E trains are bypassing 42 St/Port Authority-Bus Terminal in both directions.
- There is no S 42 St shuttle service in both directions.
- There is no B train service between Bedford Park Blvd and Brighton Beach in both directions.
- E trains are stopping along the F line between 36 St (QNS) and W 4 St-Washington Sq in both directions.
- These service changes are because of an NYPD investigation at Times Sq-42 St.
For up-to-date information, please visit www.mta.info.
We will be back in touch as soon as possible with any updates. Again, please stay safe.