Summary – Strong Winds to Diminish this Evening.
- The strongest winds of the day will begin to subside around 6 PM.
- Current sustained winds are between 25-35 mph, with gusts of 35-45 mph.
- Isolated gusts of 45-50 mph are possible until around 6 PM.
- Tonight, winds continue to diminish, with sustained wind speeds of 10-20 mph, and gusts around 25 mph.
- Winds should become calm by daybreak tomorrow.
- There is a 30% chance of a light wintry mix early Friday morning. Northern sections of the City would be more likely to receive precipitation.
- This event is not currently anticipated to result in frozen accumulation.
- The strongest winds of the day begin to subside around 6 PM.
- Wind speeds gradually diminish as the night progresses.
- Winds become calm by daybreak tomorrow.
- Should a wintry mix impact part or all of the City on Friday, it is expected to begin between 5 AM and 9 AM. Uncertainty remains as to the exact timing and likelihood of this event.
TEMPERATURES (High/Low) and WIND CHILLS
Today: 39/20 – Daytime wind chills of 25-30 degrees, overnight wind chills between 10-15 degrees.
Thursday: 43/32 – Daytime wind chills between 10-20 degrees.
- The current Wind Advisory remains in effect until 8 PM this evening.
- Tonight’s Wind Advisory may be extended by an hour or two if warranted.