Each week throughout National Safety Month in June is an opportunity to make a difference in your home, work, and community.
Identifying risks around the home or improving safety standards at home and in your community protects everyone. Whether we increase first aid and emergency awareness through drills or provide water safety tips for summer recreation, we’re taking steps to provide a safer neighborhood.
- Report repairs as they are needed
- Hold drills at home to help children know what to do in the even of
- medical event
- another natural disaster
- Volunteer to participate in community emergency preparedness events
- Put together a first aid kit
- Take a CPR class
- Teach someone to change a tire properly and safely
- Learn about proper storage and disposal of medications
- Take a defensive driving course
- Learn how to identify fall hazards in a home